Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Angel Bears

I am working hard on a teddy bear drive. I have decided, ( I think) to name our organization Angel Bears. These bears I will collect will be given to parents of stillborn babies. I know it is not a replacement for their baby, but in my experience, having something to hold on to has helped me on those long, painful nights.

Now i am trying to figure out how to get our name out there, how to bring in the most donations, and how to distribute these bears where they are needed. I am also hoping to collect information on support groups, books to read, and information on planning a memorial service. I would like to put together a support packet to go with each bear.

I really feel good to be doing this. Something I can do in memory of my children. Something to help them live on, and bless the lives of others.

I know i have a long way to go for this to really take off, but the very idea that i started is an amazing feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment